Google loves free stuff.
It’s true. When you update your website with new text, more pages, blog posts, images, and videos, you’re providing Google with new information to index. The more info Google holds, the more relevant, up-to-date, and varied results search engine users can find. And, the search engine with the best information becomes the most popular. Google holds more of the market share than Bing because Google provides more information — and people love it.
Google will reciprocate.
If you publish new, fresh info on your website for Google to index, your website will earn more credibility with Google and thus rank higher and wider (for more keywords). Greater visibility means more site visitors and more new patients for you!
The most visited page on your website is probably the homepage. It’s certainly the page that Google deems most important of all the pages on your website. So, updating homepage content is a great way to keep your site interesting to Google.
However, updating a homepage may seem like a daunting task. After all, you probably spent quite some time with your website designer determining what content to use and where it should go. Your site’s homepage is the face of your dental practice online, right?
Here are 5 places/ways to add fresh content to your homepage:
- Blog weekly and install a blog feed on your homepage. Each new blog you post will then have a featured spot on your homepage, keeping it visually fresh without altering the design.
- Feature a different team member each month or every 6 weeks. Have your designer create a place on your homepage, next to your bio excerpt perhaps, where you can feature a team member’s photo and bio excerpt. Set a reminder to change out the info on a regular schedule. Note: You can also use this area to feature different technology or case studies.
- The word “news” has “new” in it — news is fresh! Reserve a spot on your homepage to feature news about the practice or about your community. Just don’t forget to update the news at least every 6 weeks.
- Most websites highlight 3 services under a large header. I suggest you switch out these services every so often or at least update the blurb with fresh content.
- Special offers are always a good way to update content. Feature a different offer every six weeks. Have your designer create an ad for your homepage to highlight the offer, but make sure that he/she keeps the text “live,” meaning that the text within the ad should not be a graphic. It should be a text box so that Google can read the letters and words and index the information.
So there you have it, 5 ways to freshen up your homepage. If you need help or want to redesign your homepage to accommodate these features, give me a call at 940-395-5115 or text firstname.lastname@example.org.
We build optimized websites, write original text for SEO, and we can also blog for you each week. A well-optimized site guarantees new patients!